Public Sector & Not-for-Profit Pack
Sense-making for COVID-19 and beyond
Future of Society
Our three SenseMaker® studies include:
- New politics: exploring novel approaches to democracy
- COVIDFutures: collecting imagined stories of the future.
- Rebuilding society: exploring how society will be re-built and re-shaped.
Learning Logs & Innovation
Read more about Audit Wales’ learning & innovation proposition in these blog posst: Is anyone deploying ‘Innovation and Learning’ people alongside COVID-19 Response Teams? & Our response to COVID-19 – an update from the Auditor General.
Healthier Together: Palm Health Foundation’s SenseMaker® Story Collection Project
Their efforts are largely informed by story collection and how communities make sense of the stories they experience everyday. The foundation, along with other local partners, is inviting Palm Beach County residents to share their experiences during this time of uncertainty through SenseMaker, an online story collection tool. The stories are analyzed to inform how the foundation and other agencies will provide future assistance to the community.
SenseMaker® is giving us a window into both the personal and community-wide impact of COVID-19 in a unique way that reveals patterns in real-time about the effectiveness of response efforts. Collecting qualitative data has been used by big business to provide valuable consumer insight and now we are applying it to gain valuable insight into the most traumatic experience our county has ever faced in recent history. – Patrick McNamara, president and CEO of Palm Health Foundation
- Visit the Palm Health Foundation SenseMaker® website to learn more about this initiative, browse the gallery of stories, and explore the visual patterns.
- News story: Palm Beach County pregnant teen gets help after journaling her struggles